Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just For Fun


Yesterday I had arrived by airline in Erie Pennsylvania. The weather was really cruddy, snow, wind, ice, oh my! I was walking through the terminal to catch a ride over to the FBO (fixed base operator where small and corporate jets park) and meet the crew I would be checking. As I was walking past baggage claim I noticed a replica of a Wright Flyer hanging over the baggage carousel. There was a mural of the city in the background but the ceiling tiles and fluorescent lights were really distracting. I grabbed my G9 real quick and stepped up onto the carousel and took the shot.

Today I spent some time extracting the flyer from the background so I could give the image a more creative look. I must admit I went a little OCD on selecting the aircraft. It was not like I was going to enter this into a contest or anything, it was just an interesting picture I thought I would share with my blogger buddies.

Tomorrow... Who knows what I will get up on the blog. I am sure it will be something, or I might just take a day off. We will see.

Take care... Doug

No comments: