Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Square Root Day

Call me stupid, but is there something else we can find to celebrate in this country. I promise that this rant will not go on long but come on people. Fox News must have deemed it newsworthy. Especially in a day of falling economy, unabated government spending, global terrorism, you name it but that has been a problem with Fox for a long time. I guess the fair and balanced means news and fluff... Ok, I'll give them that.

Back to cellebrating the square root. I Googled "square root" and the fourth item on the hit list of 15,400,000 hits was 3/3/09: Math fans to celebrate Square Root Day. Oddly enough it was a Yahoo News site. There is even a prize for the biggest square root day event. There are more than a dozen Facebook pages devoted to the celebration of this momentous day. My oh my, where have I been?

I will say it dose provide some economic stimulus in the private sector. Now that is something I can wrap my brain around.

So let's go out, celebrate and embrace Square Root Day. After all it is a global event!

Take care... Doug

P.S. Hopefully you got this. March 3,2009 = 3/3/09 = 3/3/9 = 3x3=9 = Square root of 9 = 3... Got it!

No comments: