Friday, March 13, 2009

Office Update: Phase III Underway

It has been some time, actually since Jan 19 since the last Office Update (My bad!). I was somewhat perplexed as to the structural integrity of the work surface as there was to be a good section of the surface cantilevered off the wall and not supported from the floor. Apprehension was probably the biggest delay but one I decided it was going to work I laid into applying mounting strips to the wall. Lamination of the  supports which I did not photo. Don't know why but they took a while.

To save some cost I used 3/4 B-C plywood and laminated 1/4 B-C plywood to get two acceptable sides. The B-C signifies the quality of each side of the plywood sheet. A is the best and I call it Acceptable, B is the next and I call it Barely acceptable, finally C just stands for Crap. Anyhow I painted them black and the mounting strips of 1x2 and 1x6 the same gray as the walls.

Yesterday I laid down double layers of 1/2" particle board as a substrate for the laminate I will apply. That probably will not happen until April unfortunately. I plan on getting it cut our but it is going to take a couple of days to work in onto the surface. With work and going out east for the grandchild arrival, I am not too optimistic about the speed at which it is going to get done.

Anyhow progress is progress.

Have a great weekend... Cya.  Doug

No comments: