Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pic-O-The-Month

I have been running the image of the month on the blog for some time and have rarely had to think hard about what image I liked the most. This month was a little different. All the images came from our time on the motorcycle on our trip around Lake Michigan this past August. Se here are the top contenders.








I have had some good comments on this image. It show a real nice reflection and good color but it just left it there. I like the image but it had to fall.




This one is a nice sunset shot while we were in Leland Michigan on the ride. Colors were good but the sun has that ugly little double vision because I forgot to remove the UV filter.

Bye bye!




The colors in this image are really nice but the shadows are just a little too deep. This was probably my first runner-up




This is special in that it shows the Mighty Mac behind us showing that we had successfully navigated the grate on the bridge. They have been working over the edge of the bridge for a couple of years which blocks the paved lanes. It can be a little un-nerving on a motorcycle.


And the winner is... 

I chose this image because if you were to be standing where I took this photo and removed the camera from your eye, this is the same scene you would have seen with you own eyes. The brightness of the sun created a slight flare effect that looks like haze in the shadows. There was so little correction done on this image it made it an easy winner. If given the opportunity to sell this image I would clone out the post on the left edge of the image as it is just slightly distracting.

There you have it. The September 2009 Image of the month!

Cya... Doug


No comments: