Friday, November 13, 2009

Dallas Heat


Chase Jarvis is credited with the statement of "the best camera you have is the one in your hand." That was certainly the case with this image. I was between flights on the ramp in Dallas Texas with this gorgeous sunset. The camera in hand, or should I say my flight bag was my trusty Canon G9.
Views like this are when I realize the many blessings I have. This image represents just two of them, first is a job that puts me in the presents of such spectacular opportunities and second is to have the intuition to take the time to capture them so they can be shared.
Back to the photo, it was again with the G9 and if I recall I was leaning up against the leading edge of the wing to stabilize the shot as it was hand held at 1/20th of a second. The other specs were an aperture of f/3.5 at 17mm focal length and an ISO of 100. Yes I could have pushed the ISO up but that little G9 just gets ugly when you push it.


Hey... Have a great weekend and enjoy yourself!


Cya... Doug

No comments: