Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Don't Loose Hope

When you are shooting people, there are always going to be angles that might turn out to be less flattering than others. I am not going to show the original image because that would not be nice. On this engagement shoot we were at a lighted bridge that covered a creek and had Samantha climb up on the beam that represents the hand rail. I was shooting just slightly off her back and the six in with rail was not kind to her bottom side. With the camera angle and the rail doing unkindly things, her rump was not only not right, it did not represent her true figure. None of this was her fault and during the initial selection she rejected it.
Not content with here rejection, I later brought it back and worked on it to see if I could make lemonade from what she thought was a lemon.
I really like the look over the shoulder look because of what it does to the head-neck-shoulder line. Given another chance and I don't know why I did not see it during the shoot, I would move her hair off of or straighten it over her shoulder.
After strategic cropping and some retouching, Samantha was really happy with the image. Moral of the story, don't give up on an image until you have taken a closer look.

Take care all... Doug

No comments: