Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mpix Rocks

I used Mpix to produce a 13x20 of the Wing and a Prayer image "Flying High" back in December and it turned out fantastic. So I am going through some e-mails today and get one from Mpix for 50% off post cards until Feb 1. I click over to it and get some ideas about how I could use it for the biz.

I found out that I can't just dump an image on their site, I needed to download some software to generate an upload-able file to be processed. Not a big deal. The download took some time and then it downloaded a bunch of Windows files that were of no use on the iMac. After some consternation I discovered on the Mpix site that Mac users must Ctrl-Click and download the linked file to get the Mac version. Certainly not a show-stopper.

Once downloaded the software worked like a charm. In all actuality the software looks to be oriented towards the creative member of the family that wants to send cards and stuff to family and friends. What I did was create a card in Photoshop and saved it as a Jpeg with an Adobe (1998) color space imbedded. I took that and dropped it in the card frame on the software and went about creating a generic back to the post card.

Guess I will find out in a few days how it all turns out. Hope it wasn't supposed to be sRGB. Oh well, if they are half as good as the 16x20 I did, it will be great.

TTFN
Doug

No comments: