Thursday, July 14, 2011

Leaving Paradise

On Tuesday I had to extend my hotel room in West Palm Beach FL and when I did the gentleman at the counter made the statement that I got to spend another day in paradise. This is what my dad used to call it from their porch in Fort Myers FL. It is amazing how many people migrate back and forth to the South Florida environment. Way too many people for me. While I enjoy visiting Florida now and again, I'm sorry, I would not want to live here. So to me leaving paradise is a good thing, especially after three days of hanging around then same hotel. 
Ok it wasn't that bad. We did have a car for most of Tuesday so we drove around some and I was able to get a little photo walk in. One of the other pilots is a huge "dido head" so we had to hunt down Rush Limbaugh' Southern Command. It was a gate of course on the northern end of the the island that is Palm Beach.
The photo walk was a pleasure and here are som images from that experience.






These two images above are of Palm Beach City Hall. Knew the relatively clear sky's with a circular polarizer would provide some really nice blues.


As we were walking down the sidewalk I saw this mirror and stopped surprising the two others guys that were with me. One of the guys was into photography many years ago and asked what I saw. I told him the mirror but he had no idea what was really going on in my head. The mirror had no appearance of support and I just found it so interesting.
It started to become an educational photo walk which I enjoy. Explaining what my thought process was enabled the other two to get into it a little bit rather than just accompanying me.
There was a door on the side of city hall that I just found beautiful.


Hopefully I will be able to find a use for this image other than just here on the blog. Here is a shot looking down Worth Avenue which is appropriately named as this is the Rodeo Drive of Palm Beach.


When we were driving back from the norther part of the island we pawed this church with amazing architecture. This time I left the guys in the cool car and went up and grabbed some shots.


This is an open hallway that completes the street side of the church. You can see the rail on the left side which faces the street. The arches are mirrored on the right and opens to a really nice courtyard shown ithe panoramic below. Click on the image for a larger view.


It is July and out of season in South Florida so the snow birds are gone but the heat and humidity is way too much for this Michigan boy. Nice place to visit but still nicer to leave.


Take care for now... Doug

No comments: