Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation's Over... Back to work!

I have had a nice break from the regular routine and it is now time to set to plan things for the fall. While summer is not even near over, senior pictures are right around the corner. Not that I have been slacking while on vacation or anything it has been quite the opposite. My time off back in March was spent slacking.
This past couple of weeks have been very enjoyable because we have had an opportunity to get to know our future daughter in law a bunch more. We made a trip to Chattanooga TN to pick up the rest of her stuff and then turned around and spent a week out in Maryland with our daughter, her family and our oldest son. Two days after we got back from MD Evelyn took off on a bike trip (as a cook) with the youth group from our church.
Photographically I have not been totally asleep either. In MD I had an opportunity to do a baby shoot, then in TN I did some pictures of my son and his fiancé. To cap that off this past Saturday evening I did the engagement session for the happy couple.
We visited a number of different locations and while on the way to one I remembered an abandoned barn that I had scoped out previously. As we were pulling up the lane, I noticed the rapidly disappearing sun and asked Samantha to come down the lane. Getting the sun to backlight subject with the proper amount of fill flash is one of the most beautiful lighting condition in photography.
The real key is to use the right amount of fill flash. Enough to fill while maintaining the shadows. Camera specs on this shot; Gear- Canon 5D MkII w/EF24-70 f/2.8 USM lens. Exposure- 1/640 sec at f/2.8, focal length of 42mm with an ISO of 320.
I'll put up some other images of what I have been up to in the next few days.


Take care for now... Doug



No comments: